Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Background

     I'm from Houston originally, moved to Florida to finish high school, then graduated from the University of South Florida.  Upon graduation, and with no plans, I bumped around for a few months until I got a call from the National Park Service.  An application I had filled out in haste more than 6 months prior had come to fruition.  The job was in Grand Junction, Colorado at the Colorado National Monument as a seasonal park ranger.  I'd never been to Colorado as an adult and was completely blown away.  I'd never seen anything so big.   From that point on, I made it my goal to live and work here....... only took me 13 years.
     After renting a house here in Arvada for a year, we were able to buy a home, just a few blocks away.  My surveying business, Huffman Surveying, has been slow to get going, but improving with each passing season. (I know, seasons right?)
More later.

No comments:

Post a Comment